Monday 26 October 2009

Final Pages

Here are the final designs for all the pages of my website. My theme the whole way through is the desktop. The background for all the pages is my pine desk and the different pages have different elements on the desk.

HOME PAGE :



This was obviously the first page that I designed and was the basis for all the other pages.
I am happy with this page and i continued the wooden desk theme on to all of the other pages. I feel this is a nice opening image, which is not too corporate looking.

ABOUT ME :


For this page I used the desk background from my home page and added two elements. One is a photograph of myself, to which I added a white polaroid-esque border. The other element is the page which contains the text. This is a hand-written page from my notebook that I scanned and then cut out in photoshop. I made sure to add drop shadows to the two elements to make them appear as they were actually set on the desk. The paragraph itself is fairly minimal but I didn't think a lot of information was necessary.

WORK (illustration, photography, branding) :




My 'My Work' page splits into three sections at the bottom of the page; illustration, photography and branding. I considered different ways of presenting the images, for example on a sketchbook on the desk and on a mac screen, but I felt that these took away from the work itself. In the end as you can see I used a fairly traditional grid layout. It is fairly simple but I feel it works well.

CONTACT ME :


For this page i figured that an iphone was the ideal object to use. I tried putting the contact information on the phone screen itself, but it looked very unnatural because of the glare on the glass. In the end I used this block of type idea, which I feel really stands out and is easily read.

1 comment: